Jargeau (45)

The town was occupied by the British from October 2nd, 1428. It was protected by the Count ofSuffolk. On June 11th, the royal army invaded the town. During the attack, Joan was hit on the headby a big stone, which crushed to pieces without causing any injuries to her. The town was set free onJune 12th. The statue that was made by the sculptor, Lanson which can be found at the Martroysquare, commemorates this historical event. Suffolk, who was about to be captured, made hisadversary a Knight, so that a Count will not be captured by an ordinary cowboy.

Tourism Office:

Boulevard Carnot,

45150 JARGEAU

Phone: +332.38.59.83.42

www.jargeau-tourisme.com